Results-oriented Business Litigators Have a Record of Success
Sharing our success stories from settlements and victories in California and federal courts
We are proud of our record at the Law Offices of George B. Piggott. For more than 35 years, we have served companies and individuals throughout California as we provide a unique combination of small-firm, individualized service with large-firm capacity. We invite you to go through these examples of our work and welcome you to call us to discuss your needs. As passionate litigators, we take on a broad array of business-related cases.
Examples of our business litigation and dispute resolution
- Obtained seven-figure judgment for partner of national trade publication in suit over control of partnership business and proceeds of sale of business
- Obtained multi-million-dollar settlement in federal suit on behalf of seller of technology company against purchaser for balance of purchase price by identifying and discrediting creative accounting techniques and constructive dividends employed by purchaser to avoid payment under complex financing and subordination agreements
- Successfully defended client against seven-figure claims in suit alleging that client looted partnership business and absconded with clients of business
- Obtained judgment of dismissal for large, nationally-known manufacturer of consumer products in consumer class action, alleging eight-figure claims for false designation of origin of products
- After substituting in for client following adverse trial result, obtained partial reversal of judgment on appeal and brought multi-party actions against responsible third parties. This resulted in global settlement of three actions for satisfaction in full judgment against client and payment of attorneys’ fees
- Key member of defense team that obtained defense verdict for multinational heavy construction and mining equipment manufacturer in $160 million suit brought by distributor
- Devised strategy to create standing for group of employees of acquired business to bring claims as beneficiaries of acquisition earn-out fund. Obtained multi-million-dollar settlement for client.
- Obtained high six-figure award for client in federal suit against multi-national German corporation in dispute over development fee due to client for conceiving and developing $800 million industrial gas plant in Singapore and bringing together major chemical and oil companies to joint venture development of project
- Obtained substantial settlement for insured in federal court suit involving coverage dispute and bad faith claims arising out of denial of business interruption claim
Securities-related success stories
- Won dismissal of securities fraud class action claims against former chief financial officer of major subprime lender. Decision was upheld on appeal to the Ninth Circuit
- Obtained confidential settlement on behalf of customer against major stock brokerage firm for losses resulting from mishandling of registration of customer’s restricted stock for trading and concealment of mishandling
- Obtained confidential settlement on behalf of customer against major stock brokerage firm for losses resulting from unsuitable investments and falsification of records
Intellectual property litigation
- Obtained partial summary judgment for nationally-known recreational products’ manufacturer in federal court suit alleging trademark and trade dress infringement against competitor. This resulted in consent judgment that required competitor to change design of product that infringed client’s nationally-known trademarks and trade dress; defeated claims that client’s valuable trademarks and trade dress were invalid
- Obtained partial summary judgment in federal court action brought against entertainment company alleging breach of agreement for sale of technology, resulting in favorable settlement for client
Successful trust litigation
- Obtained reversal of judgment against beneficiary of trust. This resulted in judgment for substantial distribution to client
Real estate law
- Obtained reversal on appeal of trial court judgment granting writ of mandate to vacate variances granted to client by city for multi-million-dollar residential development, permitting development to proceed
- Successfully prosecuted action against landlord for breach of commercial lease and defended against landlord’s cross-claims
Contact our Irvine-based firm to hear how we can help you achieve success
For more than 35 years, the Law Offices of George B. Piggott has litigated cases, negotiated settlements and advised clients seeking help with breaches of contract, fraudulent practices and other litigation in California and federal court. Should you wish to have a confidential discussion with Attorney Piggott, contact us at 855.300.3917 to make an appointment. We are proud of our achievements and hope to add your challenges to our record of successful outcomes.
Law Offices of George B. Piggott
A Professional Corporation
2603 Main Street, Penthouse
Irvine, California 92614
Some of Our Results
- Won dismissal of securities fraud class action claims against former chief financial officer of major subprime lender.
- Obtained seven-figure judgment for partner of national trade publication in suit over control of partnership business and proceeds of sale of business.