Orange County Lawyer Leads You Through Business Litigation
Representing plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts throughout Southern California
The Law Offices of George B. Piggott provides top-quality litigation services in business, intellectual property and trust law in state and federal courts. Based in Irvine, California, we have been serving clients for decades throughout Orange County and the surrounding areas, including Los Angeles, Riverside and San Diego counties.
Our extensive experience allows us to offer the same level of litigation services provided by considerably larger firms, while our modest size enables us to keep rates affordable and to communicate with clients directly. We know time is money, so we work hard to resolve legal matters as swiftly as possible.
Nearly four decades of delivering results and client service
With more than 35 years of experience, attorney George B. Piggott is a veteran litigator who is respected by clients and peers for his ability to deliver favorable results and superior client service. He is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the definitive guide to the most distinguished lawyers and law firms in America. Clients can expect the following from our firm:
- Focused knowledge — Mr. Piggott has dedicated his law practice to business litigation, and he has a deep understanding of the problems business owners encounter. He has extensive experience in the state and federal courts.
- Personal service — We build relationships with our clients as we build their cases. You receive personal attention throughout your case. We are accessible and responsive, returning calls promptly and answering questions fully.
- Results — We are results-driven with a solid record of success. We combine our experience and creativity to work for favorable results for every client.
- Cost-effectiveness — Our firm delivers top-quality work at competitive hourly rates. Where appropriate, we also offer several billing options, including hourly and contingent fee arrangements, and hybrid arrangements that combine hourly, contingent and/or fixed-fee components.
Litigation of business, intellectual property and trust matters
The Law Offices of George B. Piggott represents businesses of all sizes and individuals in the state and federal courts and in arbitration and mediation. We have developed a network of experts, including forensic accountants, that we use to bolster our clients’ cases. Our areas of practice include:
- Business litigation — Our firm represents clients in a broad range of business litigation matters, from contract and securities disputes to fraud and unfair competition cases.
- Intellectual property litigation — Whether your case involves copyright or trademark infringement or a violation of a licensing agreement, we vigorously pursue your legal remedies and help you protect your intellectual property.
- Trust litigation — We have the knowledge and experience to navigate the complex legal area of trusts. Our clients have included beneficiaries whose trusts have been mismanaged. We help ensure all assets are fairly distributed and protected and that trustees are held accountable.
- Real estate litigation – We have expertise in many areas of real estate litigation such as lease disputes, specific performance actions, seller nondisclosures, and construction defects.
- Federal court litigation — We are knowledgeable about the differences between federal and state court procedures and can skillfully litigate for clients in either forum. When there is flexibility on where a case can be tried, we guide clients to the forum best suited for their case.
We are also skilled at alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration, which can reduce litigation costs and get your business back on track more quickly.
Contact an experienced Orange County litigator for your business or trust matter
Call the Law Offices of George B. Piggott today at 949.261.0500 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. Our Irvine office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with weekend and evening appointments on request. We serve clients throughout Southern California, including Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside and San Diego counties.